Saturday, 29 March 2014

Three sisters die after eating cassava


Siaya, Kenya: Jesica Got could not hold back her emotions when she recalled how her three daughters died after a meal of cassava in Jina Uyoma in Gem, Siaya County.
Esther Achieng, Jacqueline Akoth and Violet Auma died on Friday night after eating a poisonous cassava breed which was the only meal of the day. They were aged between two and six years.
Three others Joyce Atieno 20, her daughter Nicole Atieno 2, Caroline Adhiambo 12 and Rebecca Awuor were admitted to Sagam Community hospital and are said to be in a stable condition.
"I do not know where to begin, this is very tragic for me and my entire family”, the 40-year-old mother of eight said.
The six are said to have eaten the cassava in the absence of their parents after their elder sister Atieno prepared the meal.

Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Newgenafrica 
Join our Blog: http://www.newgenerationafrica.com 

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world ..... Albert Einstein

WE ARE PROUD TO BE UNIQUELY AFRICAN! UNIQUELY NEW GENERATION!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate