If Gatwick Airport which is relatively inexprienced under the new management can cope why can't BAA and/or Heathrow with all their resources manage or offer their customers a better service.
- Is it a management issue or are they too big to care?
- Should the management be held accountable?
- Despite the adverse weather warning, were they prepared or is it a case of being reluctant to put in the investment required?
- Is it time for the Government to intervain and help the travelling public?
- Should the Transport Secretary do the honourable thing and follow Scotland's example and resign for getting the strategy all wrong again?